The crazy transfers of deadline day. Gareth Bale to Real Madrid for a world record fee of £85million from Tottenham. AC Milan capture club hero Kaka from Real Madrid on a free. Arsenal completed a club record £42.5million for Real Madrid playmaker Mesut Ozil. The club also signed Palermo keeper Emiliano Viviano on a loan deal with an option to buy. Manchester United added Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini for £27.5million. Liverpool confirmed the signings of defensive duo Mamadou Sakho (£15million) from PSG and Tiago Ilori (£8million) from Sporting Lisbon. The club also brought in Victor Moses from Chelsea on a season-long loan.
Everton completed the signing of James McCarthy from Wigan for £13million. The club also brought in Gareth Barry and Romelu Lukaku on a season-long loan. West Brom did some good business on the day adding Sunderland attacker Stephane Sessegnon for a club record fee and also signing Everton forward Victor Anichebe. They also brought in Morgan Amalfitano from Marseille on loan with an option to buy.
Other deals included
- Sunderland signed Liverpool striker Fabio Borini on a season-long loan, and also signed Napoli left back Andrea Dossena on a permanent transfer.
- Aston Villa have signed Lazio striker Libor Kozak for a reported £7million.
- Stoke City made the first deal of the day by signing Werder Bremen forward Marko Arnautovic.
- Crystal Palace signed Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan on a three-year deal, and added Reading defender Adrian Mariappa and right-back Jack Hunt from Huddersfield Town. The club also brought in Cameron Jerome from Stoke on a season loan.
- Cardiff City completed the signing of Peter Odemwingie from West Brom for a reported £2.25million.
- Hull City have signed Egyptian attacker Gedo from Al Ahly.